Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
OmgšŸ˜‚
I just spent like an hour looking at call ducks on the internet. Then, I saw a picture of a standard. My first reaction was "Ew!", They look like their faces have been stretched outšŸ¤£
YES! I am used to only seeing Calls. You can imagine my first reaction every time I see a standard lol.
My poor little Della (Aussie Spot) lives with Calls. EVERYTHING about her looks like a Call, until I see that bill šŸ˜­ She thinks she's a Call Duck. Honestly, she calls better than her Call Duck sisters. Hopefully her bill won't be alone if I can get the Aztec's integrated

:love and the cows too! :love
Beautiful scenery

You are a quack-head for sure!
One of my broodies gave up, so I moved her 7 eggs to the incubator. 5 quit, I think they had cooled off too long, but 2 are still hanging in there. My blue bibbedā€™s duckling are due very soon, I checked a few of her eggs a few days ago, and estimated this coming weekend. The black bibbed, I have not even checked hers, but Iā€™d say they are close too.
Hopefully you and your bibs have a good hatch!:fl:ya

Hopefully you and your bibs have a good hatch!:fl:ya
I hope you'll share pictures! I'd love to see your silkies too šŸ˜
Congrats on the hatches! I LOVE hatching too. I went crazy and bought 4 (yes FOUR) incubators. Now Heather's Poultry Inn has NO vacancies and it's a struggle not buying eggs left and right. There are so many breeds I still want to add and so many more ducks I want, but I'm being defeated, or maybe I'm being held hostage as a POSER Duck Addict/Hatch Addict. I need building supplies and a building sensei (to teach me how to whip something together to protect animals) . I've got some woods to clear for housing future poultry.

Oh yeah, I want geese too. The flock of 43+ of wild geese are about to break me but I'm all yearning for more animals to feed.

Is my lack of self control showing šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Yesterday there was a power outage and I have some eggs in the bator (6 days in)! :barnieI couldnā€™t even check on them because I was at school and no one was home. Luckily it was only out for an hour so hopefully itā€™d just be like when momma duck gets off the nest for a swim:fl. I checked the incubator when I got home and temperature and humidity are back where it should be. Iā€™m candeling tomorrow so will check then if anythingā€™s wrong. Hopefully not because Iā€™ve also got a turkey and goose egg in there. The last female turkey is missing and none of the geese have hatched anything out and itā€™s been 35 days.

Yesterday there was a power outage and I have some eggs in the bator (6 days in)! :barnieI couldnā€™t even check on them because I was at school and no one was home. Luckily it was only out for an hour so hopefully itā€™d just be like when momma duck gets off the nest for a swim:fl. I checked the incubator when I got home and temperature and humidity are back where it should be. Iā€™m candeling tomorrow so will check then if anythingā€™s wrong. Hopefully not because Iā€™ve also got a turkey and goose egg in there. The last female turkey is missing and none of the geese have hatched anything out and itā€™s been 35 days.
Yep, an hour power outage should not cause any major issues. I know itā€™s stressful anyway, but they should be fine. Good luck!

Your geese are still laying? What kind? No, nevermind, don't tell me what kind šŸ˜‚ I'll be trying to figure things out to make room for possible goslings.

Hopefully everyone will hatch and all is well.
I don't know how I'm just now noticing Roxy's "look" (am I wrong? Assumed Roxy because I see a neck šŸ¤£). Its like she's a model. Sexy who now......... šŸ˜‚

Gorgeous property!!!

20211016_175322_resized.jpg

20211016_175320_resized.jpg

20211016_175421_resized.jpg

20211016_175437_resized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom