Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Pics
My girl was off her nest so I checked the eggs! She has a few that are developing! :ya Here’s a better idea of where she’s at and her feather loaded nest!:gig

Attachments

• 14C1238F-0CEA-4633-B5FB-72A767ABC586.jpeg
    14C1238F-0CEA-4633-B5FB-72A767ABC586.jpeg
    628.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 0A34B045-1BD3-4987-9E81-4DDAE956AE46.jpeg
    0A34B045-1BD3-4987-9E81-4DDAE956AE46.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 694B28F2-E8A8-44D4-B243-2420FF6B7EF6.jpeg
    694B28F2-E8A8-44D4-B243-2420FF6B7EF6.jpeg
    867.3 KB · Views: 3
My girl was off her nest so I checked the eggs! She has a few that are developing! :ya Here’s a better idea of where she’s at and her feather loaded nest!:gig
Wow that girl knows how to hide a nest 😂

I can't wait for mine to make their own nests and hatch ducklings 😁

She sure does! It took me three days to find her! :eek:

it’s fun to let them hatch ducklings, but it’s a real pita to find them once they go broody! Especially on my 5 acres of hiding spots! :barnie:th

You have them getting super grouchy to look forward to. Saxony get angry and very hormonal. They get all crazy eyes and can't seem to relax while broody. I was so happy when my sweet girls stopped being broody and were calm again.

You have them getting super grouchy to look forward to. Saxony get angry and very hormonal. They get all crazy eyes and can't seem to relax while broody. I was so happy when my sweet girls stopped being broody and were calm again.
Oh goodness!
Are Saxony very rotten or sassy when they're not broody or teenagers?

Oh goodness!
Are Saxony very rotten or sassy when they're not broody or teenagers?
They are super sweet like any duck, but with an eye towards mischief. The females are curious and always looking for a potential treat. My Saxony girls tend to run up and greet me far more often than any of my other breeds. They have a lot of character. Just when they get broody, they get broody! Despite being hormonal, they still never bite us. They just have crazy eyes. I really love the breed despite this.

My drake is a Saxony and I don't think I could have gotten a better drake. He cares about his girls. He will let them eat and make sure they do. He alerts them to danger. For the most part, he is not pushy about mating. I watched one of my females trying to lure him in and he ignored her. She got into the pool and still he ignore her. Then she got out and he was like oh.. how did I miss that. She made him wait as she cleaned her feathers. Crazy thing is... he actually waited. Can't say if other Saxony males will be so great, but I won the lottery with this one.

He loves his girl.
DSC_0836.JPG

Back
Top Bottom