Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Pics
I've shared this picture on BYC before, but I thought I'd share it here in DAA. My big ducks like to line up like this if they're napping out from under the porch. From left to right: Reggie (Pekin drake), Tom (Buff Orpington Duck hen), Honey Boo Boo (possibly White Layer or Pekin Duck hen) and last but not least, Stormy (Cayuga drake).
View attachment 2870203
This is precious!

Has anyone ever noticed ducks have great comedic timing? I have an injured duck indoors at night right now. We watched the producers last night and she cackled when the guy crashed down the stairs and broke his leg. We watched a comedy show and she was cackling through the show. Now we are watching murder she wrote and nothing. But then they have not been more dramatic and less comedy. That or she doesn't like murder she wrote.
Yes!
It's like they explode in laughter. It's so funny and seemingly perfectly timed.
The best is when someone whips it out to pee off the deck and they do that 🤭

Have you ever heard that Adam Sandler thing where he keeps saying "they're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you!" 🤣
That's what I always say when my ducks laugh. 😝

Yes!
It's like they explode in laughter. It's so funny and seemingly perfectly timed.
The best is when someone whips it out to pee off the deck and they do that 🤭

Have you ever heard that Adam Sandler thing where he keeps saying "they're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you!" 🤣
That's what I always say when my ducks laugh. 😝
So incredibly hilarious! Oh my gosh 😂😭😂😭

I actually do think when people laugh it must sound somewhat like quacking to them and they respond to that sound.
When I have company and we all start cracking up they do that too.
Other times it's just hilariously random.
I admit that I burst out in very loud laughter frequently. My ducks, especially Pigweed, joins in. Very loudly. Then I laugh louder and on and on we go.

I admit that I burst out in very loud laughter frequently. My ducks, especially Pigweed, joins in. Very loudly. Then I laugh louder and on and on we go.
I can imagine this would be a big hit on TikTok. I'm sure it'd be hard to time it and get a genuine laugh, timed perfectly, but if you do, PLEASE share it. It's so so good in my mind 🤣

As ducklings, I don't think there is anything messier then they are. As adults, they just don't seem as messy. Of course any water they have access to will be filled with poop, mud, etc. and they'll likely splash water everywhere. Since I don't allow Honey Boo Boo to walk long distances, I carry her to the yard in the morning and back to her house at night. I've found that she is most comfortable if I carry her in an upright position. While I'm carrying/holding her I always keep in mind that her vent is her weapon and she is NOT afraid to use it. My daughter always says, "point that thing (her vent) away from me!". She is pretty accurate with her "weapon" and her ammo is wet and very stinky! She is able to reach maximum range. I guess one reason I say chickens are messier is because they're poop doesn't pile up like a chickens. It doesn't smell as awful as a chickens either, in my opinion. The bedding in the duck houses don't have to be changed as much as the chickens. The ducks don't bill around in their feed like chickens do, making a mess. These are all things that I could/should do something about, except for the smell of the poop. One more thing I just thought about....... my bantam Cochin rooster has a really fluffy butt and I'm going to have to bathe him because poop is sticking to his feathers. This isn't something I have to do often, but I haven't ever had to wash any of my ducks. Maybe put them in some water, but they do the work. These are the things I was thinking about whenever I agreed with @Everose Does this make sense? @KaleIAm @Quatie

Either way, I wouldn't want to be without chickens or ducks 💜
Maybe I'm just permanently traumatized by the mess of their ducklinghood. ;-)

I can imagine this would be a big hit on TikTok. I'm sure it'd be hard to time it and get a genuine laugh, timed perfectly, but if you do, PLEASE share it. It's so so good in my mind 🤣
Lol. I'll try. I should have done it when I had 6. Clover and Pigweed were both so loud, and they would get the other ones to join in, too. It was delightful. It still is, but a little less exciting with 2.

Whenever I play videos to my ducks of other people's ducks they also get all super quacky. It's funny. 😂

Maybe I'm just permanently traumatized by the mess of their ducklinghood. ;-)
They make enough mess as ducklings to last a lifetime. So many times I remember saying, "It's a good thing you're cute." when they were ducklings. Honestly though, is there anything more cute than a duckling? That should be the definition of cute

Back
Top Bottom