Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
He was able to go to the dialysis clinic whenever his kidneys began failing but once he had to start going everyday, it became too much and he started doing it at home. He did hemodialysis for several years and that didn't take as long but my stepmom wouldn't let him do it overnight in fear of the machine malfunctioning (it did once at the dialysis clinic and it was scary but thankfully professionals were there) while they were sleeping. So he started the peritoneal dialysis and that takes a long time. He's able to do it while he sleeps which is much better, but once he wakes up, he tied to the amount of line he has. If he has a morning appointment the next day, he has to start in time to make sure he's finished in time to get there. With the peritoneal dialysis, he had to leave some fluid in his abdomen and them spend more time mid-late afternoon draining that. Plus the supplies are unreal! He has an entire bedroom devoted to dialysis supplies only and it's a large bedroom. A large chunk of his life has been around dialysis. We're very blessed that dialysis kept him alive for so long, so I hate to sound ungrateful. Dialysis is an awesome tool but it certainly has it's drawbacks
Dialysis is rough on the body. Bless him for still being in good spirits after being on it that long.

How are things with your dog? I know he was feeling very bad and chemo was in the near future.
Thank you for asking about my sweet boy. He had one round of chemo and seemed to be feeling a little better. But yesterday he woke up with some severe complications. We took him to the ER but they couldn't fix him because of another complication. He passed away in my arms. I told him he was going to the dog park, and his ears perked up, and then he was gone. It was very peaceful, and I'm relieved it is over for him.

He was such a great dog and we'll miss him so much.
34100FB0-307E-41B5-AE57-CCA66E721D53.jpeg

Thank you for asking about my sweet boy. He had one round of chemo and seemed to be feeling a little better. But yesterday he woke up with some severe complications. We took him to the ER but they couldn't fix him because of another complication. He passed away in my arms. I told him he was going to the dog park, and his ears perked up, and then he was gone. It was very peaceful, and I'm relieved it is over for him.

View attachment 2897788
Big hugs. He sure was a cutie. :hugs

View attachment 2897788
My heart goes out to you. He's gorgeous. At least you were there when he passed so you got to say goodbye and make sure he was comfortable. Take comfort that you did all you could for him. That's so cute that when you said he was going to the dog park his ears perked.

View attachment 2897788
I am so sorry. I'm sure your arms is one of his favorite places. He is so handsome and looks like such a good boy :hugs I'm so sorry for your loss 💔

My heart goes out to you. He's gorgeous. At least you were there when he passed so you got to say goodbye and make sure he was comfortable. Take comfort that you did all you could for him. That's so cute that when you said he was going to the dog park his ears perked.
Thank you so much.

I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. I'm sure it is still painful. I know months from now I'll still miss Rye.

Thank you so much.

I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. I'm sure it is still painful. I know months from now I'll still miss Rye.
It is painful and sometimes I still cry myself to sleep but it does get easier. You're allowed to miss him for years to come. You don't forget but it slowly gets better and easier to deal with it.

I am so sorry. I'm sure your arms is one of his favorite places. He is so handsome and looks like such a good boy :hugs I'm so sorry for your loss 💔
Thank you 💖 He really was the best. I told him to go to bed once, forgetting that I was washing his bed so he went and got in the cats' bed. Lol. I found him there like 10 minutes later.
3AE95DC9-91E3-443A-BB89-B5B987FA6FDA.jpeg

View attachment 2897788
So sorry to hear about your dog. It sounds like he lived a long happy life with you. He was a cutie.

Back
Top Bottom