Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
I'm sorry that happened to you.

I am very scattered so I never get things in the mail on time. I can kinda relate to the people shipping your item. It's so embarrassing. You didn't deserve the crappy service tho.
I completely understand they got overwhelmed with the orders during the pandemic. I am fairly reasonable about when I get things and expect delays. Over a year with no contact, it is just sad. I seriously forgot about it and couldn't believe the email. I guess I will have another pair of booties now.

How could you not love this face?
1638823292480.jpeg

And Dad showing his ducklings where the good stuff is.
1638823487999.jpeg

Ducks were our first birds. We started with 6 welsh harlequin eggs from a farm down the road. 5 of them developed and hatched. We added some pekins the next year and a pair of runners and our WHs also went broody (and left their babies to me to raise - lol). We got up to 21 for a while, but the pekins were jerks to the other ducks so we found them a home with other pekins and did the same for the lone runner. I took in a lone khaki campbell with a group of turkeys that didn't know she was a duck and never would join my duck group so we found her a suitable home with a mixed flock where she could be happier. I sold a couple pair of WH here and there and we're down to just 8 WH ducks.

I've been meaning to hatch a few more since the spring and recently did hatch a batch that were almost all boys who went to homes waiting for boys. I kept the girl and a boy from that group and they seem lonely since their buddies left so I bought "them" a box of ducks to arrive next week. (I had to do it for them. A selfless act, really!) :gig

The new group will put us back at 20 ducks, 4 of which male and 16 female so a good ratio hopefully.

Ducks were our first birds. We started with 6 welsh harlequin eggs from a farm down the road. 5 of them developed and hatched. We added some pekins the next year and a pair of runners and our WHs also went broody (and left their babies to me to raise - lol). We got up to 21 for a while, but the pekins were jerks to the other ducks so we found them a home with other pekins and did the same for the lone runner. I took in a lone khaki campbell with a group of turkeys that didn't know she was a duck and never would join my duck group so we found her a suitable home with a mixed flock where she could be happier. I sold a couple pair of WH here and there and we're down to just 8 WH ducks.

I've been meaning to hatch a few more since the spring and recently did hatch a batch that were almost all boys who went to homes waiting for boys. I kept the girl and a boy from that group and they seem lonely since their buddies left so I bought "them" a box of ducks to arrive next week. (I had to do it for them. A selfless act, really!) :gig

The new group will put us back at 20 ducks, 4 of which male and 16 female so a good ratio hopefully.
Pics? I LOVE welshies, I hope to have them again someday. They're really just amazing.

Pics? I LOVE welshies, I hope to have them again someday. They're really just amazing.
Aren't they?! We enjoy them so much!

The two in my profile pic are part of my original flock of five.
20211003_151837.jpg

April: a singleton hatchling when I tried hatching without misting the eggs. Found out that doesn't work for waterfowl in my home's environment. She has been the sweetest though. She's the reason we bought some pekins from the feed store to buddy up with her.
imagejpeg_0_03 (3).jpg

Got this one girl with a yellow bill from a "show lines" breeder. I think she's gorgeous anyway, but we don't use her for breeding.
20200927_122222 (1).jpg

20210924_191023.jpg

20211003_151838.jpg

Some of them that recently hatched that we've been enjoying:
20211122_213135.jpg
IMG_20211122_215826_012.jpg
IMG_20211123_083939_573.jpg

View attachment 2920514

April: a singleton hatchling when I tried hatching without misting the eggs. Found out that doesn't work for waterfowl in my home's environment. She has been the sweetest though. She's the reason we bought some pekins from the feed store to buddy up with her.
View attachment 2920515

Got this one girl with a yellow bill from a "show lines" breeder. I think she's gorgeous anyway, but we don't use her for breeding.
View attachment 2920519

View attachment 2920520
View attachment 2920526

View attachment 2920523View attachment 2920524View attachment 2920525
They are stunning!

View attachment 2920514

View attachment 2920515

View attachment 2920519

View attachment 2920520
View attachment 2920526

View attachment 2920523View attachment 2920524View attachment 2920525
Beautiful flock. Those ducklings are adorable.

Back
Top Bottom