Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Look what I found in with my BABIES! How on earth are they laying already? I'm not sure if these came from my baby Calls, Miley and Maggie or my baby Aussie Spot, Della. Both eggs are shelled nicely so I'm assuming two of them are laying. I wasn't expecting this at all! Miley, my tiny little cutie has become a little more aggressive. She's also been getting under the others trying to get them to mount her and will mount Della. Della acts very similar to Miley and has decided that she doesn't like my daughter at all any longer. Maggie acts very different from the other girls but she has become a little more chatty. My first thought is that Miley and Della are the layers. I tried to feel their pelvic spacing but it's not as easy with ducks, so far. I'll keep trying but I am so shocked and wanted to share. I also thought it was odd for two of them to start laying on the same day ☺️
20211207_102530.jpg

Edited to add that my babies aren't really babies anymore. They are the youngest, so I call them my babies. I need to figure out exactly how old they are 💜

Last edited:
Look what I found in with my BABIES! How on earth are they laying already? I'm not sure if these came from my baby Calls, Miley and Maggie or my baby Aussie Spot, Della. Both eggs are shelled nicely so I'm assuming two of them are laying. I wasn't expecting this at all! Miley, my tiny little cutie has become a little more aggressive and she's been getting under the others and will mount Della for a while now. Della acts very similar to Miley and has decided that she doesn't like my daughter. Maggie acts very different from the other girls but she has become a little more chatty. My first thought is that Miley and Della are the layers. I tried to feel their pelvic spacing but it's not as easy with ducks, so far. I'll keep trying but I am so shocked and wanted to share. I also thought it was odd for two of them to start laying on the same day ☺️
View attachment 2921035
An early Christmas present!

Miley hatched June 15th
Maggie hatched June 16th
Della hatched June 21st

I guess it's not so different than Faith. She's laying like a little machine and let's everyone know that she is NOT happy with me whenever I take her eggs away. She doesn't like me anymore and goes out of her way to show me over and over with her vibrating head and then tries to go over my hand, plus her eyes give me a new look of hatred 🤬😤🤬 Funny thing is that her entire look of hatred disappears whenever I break out the mealworms 😘😍🥰 I think I'm probably in for more of this with Miley 😂

Do any of y'all pick ducks up by pinching their wings together over their backs? I've always cradled them or hugged their bodies, and when I catch them I grasp their necks while I begin to hold down their wings.
These ducks were carried only by squeezing their wings over their backs. It looked quite easy, but I don't think I'm comfortable doing it. Is it safe?

Do any of y'all pick ducks up by pinching their wings together over their backs? I've always cradled them or hugged their bodies, and when I catch them I grasp their necks while I begin to hold down their wings.
These ducks were carried only by squeezing their wings over their backs. It looked quite easy, but I don't think I'm comfortable doing it. Is it safe?
I would think that would be very bad on their ligaments and joints. Especially heavier ducks.

Back
Top Bottom