Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Oh my! They're gorgeous!!! Those drakes are so handsome. I love Saxony 💜💜💜 I'm so happy to read that you kept some Buff Ducks! I can't wait to hear about their personalities as they mature. My Buff girl, Tom, is a mess. She doesn't like to be touched and let's it be known to everyone, but she's hilarious. She actually charges me in the mornings after I carry her to the fenced in yard 😂 Of course she quickly changes direction as soon as I turn back to look at her. She's like a teenage girl mocking her mother and when the mother turns back & says, "What?", she's all, "What do you mean? I didn't say or do anything at all, I promise."
I call Tom my little character 🤣

Two of the white calls went swimming! :love
A5443A23-A499-4E1D-8783-8926CF8B27F2.jpeg
868B3DFD-BBCC-441E-BF66-6CA9FACA143F.jpeg
B2DAB453-39C0-4C71-9023-C1A4F531EDAA.jpeg
8112D64C-9B6E-4B76-9ABE-501CE1A1D12D.jpeg

Oh my! They're gorgeous!!! Those drakes are so handsome. I love Saxony 💜💜💜 I'm so happy to read that you kept some Buff Ducks! I can't wait to hear about their personalities as they mature. My Buff girl, Tom, is a mess. She doesn't like to be touched and let's it be known to everyone, but she's hilarious. She actually charges me in the mornings after I carry her to the fenced in yard 😂 Of course she quickly changes direction as soon as I turn back to look at her. She's like a teenage girl mocking her mother and when the mother turns back & says, "What?", she's all, "What do you mean? I didn't say or do anything at all, I promise."
OMG, one of my runners did this. We had her inside to heal a leg injury. She started to charge at us when we would turn are backs to her. Turn around and she would start to back up. Turn around again and she would charge again. I swear when she came charging forward I could see her going, "yeah, that's right! You run!" It is amazing how brave she got when you were walking away 😆

They're so fun. My buff drake's are quite stupid though😂
I actually really like the boys though because one or two of them will pull the girls apart when they're biting. That behavior has stopped but it was sweet that they were my little peacemakers.
I really like the looks of my buff, they turned out quite nice.

Isn't it insane how quickly they grow? They're so cute! Any names yet?
Thank you. Sure is!

I have named some of them! Their names aren’t that great though lol. :gig

For the whites I’ve named the first two Posey and Petal. I haven’t named the other two yet.

The blue butterscotch is Apple lol. Parent was a silver Appleyard colored call.

They're so fun. My buff drake's are quite stupid though😂
I actually really like the boys though because one or two of them will pull the girls apart when they're biting. That behavior has stopped but it was sweet that they were my little peacemakers.
I really like the looks of my buff, they turned out quite nice.
My big girls, a Pekin and a Buff, fight almost every day (I am probably exaggerating about the frequency but they do fight a lot especially for girls). They've been the only girls and together with me since at least a week old, if not before and they're over 2 years old now. One day it will look like Honey Boo Boo starts it but the next time it looks like Tom starts it. They nip and pull at each others chest feathers. It drives me crazy because Honey Boo Boo is handicapped, but she starts it at least half the time. I haven't noticed my bantam girls doing this. They definitely have plenty room, so I guess it's just something they do. The drakes just watch like 'here they go again' and then go about their day. So this is common?

OMG, one of my runners did this. We had her inside to heal a leg injury. She started to charge at us when we would turn are backs to her. Turn around and she would start to back up. Turn around again and she would charge again. I swear when she came charging forward I could see her going, "yeah, that's right! You run!" It is amazing how brave she got when you were walking away 😆
You can't help but to laugh at them 🤣 I caught Tom one time a while back. Let me see if I can find the video 😂

Back
Top Bottom