Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Good plan.
I prefer them to chickens tbh🙈. The chickens are getting the boot, my ducks are going to have as much acreage as they want and I'll be breeding to the sop. I'm so excited.
Ducks are really fun when you have the right set-up.
They're like swimmy chickens.
I can never say that I like them more than chickens, though, because chickens are my favorite animal.

They're like swimmy chickens.
I can never say that I like them more than chickens, though, because chickens are my favorite animal.
They're superior and you know it😏
I didn't think I'd like them more, but then a duckling imprinted in me😭

:wee:pop
16A8AEE6-50CF-49F0-B0F3-AFFCEFDC5C41.jpeg

Hi, my name is Quackwacker (because I assumed “the crazy duck lady” was already taken), and I am a duck addicted. I stoped counting and believe I am close to 30 ducks now. It all started with a mallard pond duck whose mother and clutchlings were brutally murdered in front of my husband and children on their way home during rush hour traffic while the mama was leading them across the busiest street in town. 🤦🏼‍♀️My husband remembered I had always had a fondness for ducks and wanted them forever. We lived in a 900 sq foot duplex at the time. He didn’t know what to do with orphaned duck so he brought him home to me. Knowing that duckies can’t be lonely we quickly went to the feed store and found someone selling Cayuga hatchlings we bought two. Moved to some property and discovered Muscovy ducks. We bought 4. Then I learned about khaki cambells and golden 300s and Pekins. Don’t forget the blue Swedish. Like I said, I lost count. I am obsessed with call ducks and have none yet. That’s my next project.

There’s no cure is there?

Hi, my name is Quackwacker (because I assumed “the crazy duck lady” was already taken), and I am a duck addicted. I stoped counting and believe I am close to 30 ducks now. It all started with a mallard pond duck whose mother and clutchlings were brutally murdered in front of my husband and children on their way home during rush hour traffic while the mama was leading them across the busiest street in town. 🤦🏼‍♀️My husband remembered I had always had a fondness for ducks and wanted them forever. We lived in a 900 sq foot duplex at the time. He didn’t know what to do with orphaned duck so he brought him home to me. Knowing that duckies can’t be lonely we quickly went to the feed store and found someone selling Cayuga hatchlings we bought two. Moved to some property and discovered Muscovy ducks. We bought 4. Then I learned about khaki cambells and golden 300s and Pekins. Don’t forget the blue Swedish. Like I said, I lost count. I am obsessed with call ducks and have none yet. That’s my next project.

There’s no cure is there?
There is no cure that I have found. But we will need to see pictures of your addiction 😀.

Your Saxony look really beautiful. How are you liking them?
I'm LOVING them! I have some new pics to upload from my camera. They have meshed really well with the buff girls.
I have leg bands on the buff ladies and the plan is to separate them when I want only Saxony or buff eggs.
I kept three female buff and I'm choosing between the two buff drakes, they're both really nice and I don't know which one to keep.
I have seven girls and three boys. That ratio seems terrible but they're doing fine so far.

I'm LOVING them! I have some new pics to upload from my camera. They have meshed really well with the buff girls.
I have leg bands on the buff ladies and the plan is to separate them when I want only Saxony or buff eggs.
I kept three female buff and I'm choosing between the two buff drakes, they're both really nice and I don't know which one to keep.
I have seven girls and three boys. That ratio seems terrible but they're doing fine so far.
That is great that is everyone is getting along. I was wondering if you were still going to keep any of the buff. I love that you choose to keep them. The spring may help you make your decision on which drake to keep. When those hormones kick in to higher gear, some drakes become jerks.

I kind of wonder if other people have the same experience as me. My Saxony lay really round eggs. They remind me more of a golf ball then the oval egg shape. I will be curious if yours are as well when they start laying and stop being freeloaders.

That is great that is everyone is getting along. I was wondering if you were still going to keep any of the buff. I love that you choose to keep them. The spring may help you make your decision on which drake to keep. When those hormones kick in to higher gear, some drakes become jerks.

I kind of wonder if other people have the same experience as me. My Saxony lay really round eggs. They remind me more of a golf ball then the oval egg shape. I will be curious if yours are as well when they start laying and stop being freeloaders.
I was happy to keep the buff, they're quite pretty and they aren't quite as shy anymore.
I'm so excited about having POL ducks😆. Even if they take a bit longer I won't be upset, they have the best eggs for my gf baking.
I will most definitely let you know when they lay eggs, and I'll post pics of their shapes and weights probably more often than y'all will care to see🙈🤣

Back
Top Bottom