Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
I have zero clue how to deal with weasels. Do you have a weasel-proof (yes I know how crazy small and squishy they are) area you can keep them in until he moves on?
Only thing I can do is move Daphne and Matilda (defenseless Rouens) to the wood shed attached to the house for now. The “Goons” (Muscovy) are fully capable of flight and are 100% muscle. They are also almost impossible to catch. They may need to stay in the barn. I’ve set a trap for the evil little rodent, and we will patch any holes we find, although it’s a barn and I’m not sure it’s possible to weasel proof it! I’m putting cameras around the barn to find non-obvious access points.

I’m panicking. There’s a weasel in the barn. A teeny tiny short-tailed weasel.

Ugh! I'm sorry. I have a mink that keeps visiting and they are similar to a weasel in their killing style. I've got traps set as well, but haven't had any luck. Hoping we both trap these nuisances quickly! Between opossums, mink, and juvenile hawk that just won't move on, I'm going almost as crazy as the birds. I didn't mind the opossums being here as they eat any scraps I have but I keep reading about them attacking poultry. Weasel proofing a barn doesn't sound like a small job. I wish you luck in trapping and securing the barn. Did you notice the weasel before the ducks? It's crazy how much damage can be done by such a small and questionably cute animal.

Back
Top Bottom