Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
I didn't mind the opossums being here as they eat any scraps I have but I keep reading about them attacking poultry.
I have an opossum too. He's a cute little turd.
So far my chickens and ducks are completely unaffected and no eggs are missing.
I also have like five or six Armadillos, those really tick me off because they have ruined my yard😩

Also how do I get my husband to do this lol he’s at the point where a bird in means a bird out until we move to a bigger space
Lol, I have no idea. It shocked me when he suggested it. I was trying to explain my conundrum to him because I have a friend I'm hatching some runner ducks for but I can't start and collecting for a couple weeks since I just separated my runners away from my other ducks. But my goose just started laying eggs yesterday and I can hardly stand letting those eggs go to waste. 😭

Hi everyone, hope you are well.

Are there any Muscovy people in this thread? I ask because the Easter Hatch-Along set data for Muscovy ducks is the 3/12. Come sign up if you are setting eggs:
13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Or just come by and say hi.

I have an opossum too. He's a cute little turd.
So far my chickens and ducks are completely unaffected and no eggs are missing.
I also have like five or six Armadillos, those really tick me off because they have ruined my yard😩
I agree! They are really cute in their own way. I love to watch them. Anytime I have an old egg, I leave it out for the opossum.
We have moles and voles here and they're really messing up my yard, so I can relate. I don't think we have armadillos here. I remember reading an article some time ago about armadillos moving towards the eastern parts of the US. Now if I could only remember if I read this in real life or if it was in a dream 🤷🏻‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom