Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Anything I can do specifically for a laceration on the joint? It's leaking yellow pus and it feels swollen and hot.
I've rinsed it with saline wound wash and put vetricyn and sterile wrap on it.
IMG_20220327_150901795.jpg

Anything I can do specifically for a laceration on the joint? It's leaking yellow pus and it feels swollen and hot.
I've rinsed it with saline wound wash and put vetricyn and sterile wrap on it.View attachment 3039829
Oh no! I am unsure of the injuries. Is there an injury on the abdomen beside the leg, on the leg and then up higher center abdomen? Poor thing 😭 Any idea what happened?

I've rinsed it with saline wound wash and put vetricyn and sterile wrap on it.View attachment 3039829
Sorry for your duck, I would probably do the very thing that you have already done. Kinda hard to reduce swelling with birds or I would probably use ice, but imagine keeping her still. :lau

Last edited:
Oh no! I am unsure of the injuries. Is there an injury on the abdomen beside the leg, on the leg and then up higher center abdomen? Poor thing 😭 Any idea what happened?
The goopy spot on her abdomen is pus from her leg joint.
I have no idea what happened, she escaped with three other ducks while I was at church, and when I got home I found her sitting on a hay bale sunning herself while her sisters foraged. She couldn't run away so I know it happened before I tried to catch her, but it was definitely not before church this morning that she injured herself.

Back
Top Bottom