Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
I had a duck with a similar problem. I just separated him for two days and in that time he healed up well

That’s cool that you got some more ducks! I love my Rouens.
Thank you. That's what I'm planning on doing. She's currently in the pen with the smaller/younger of the chooks I got yesterday. So, Indian games and leghorns. I also got wynadottes but they're small enough to go in with my 4 chicks that I've got already. And just because I'll put down what I ended up with yesterday here. In addition to the ducks I got a trio of black leghorns, a blue leghorn rooster with 2 splash leghorn pullets, a trio of indian games, a trio of wynadottes and an australorp cockeral.

The rouens are huge. I forgot how big they were but they're almost the same size as my geese.

Thank you. That's what I'm planning on doing. She's currently in the pen with the smaller/younger of the chooks I got yesterday. So, Indian games and leghorns. I also got wynadottes but they're small enough to go in with my 4 chicks that I've got already. And just because I'll put down what I ended up with yesterday here. In addition to the ducks I got a trio of black leghorns, a blue leghorn rooster with 2 splash leghorn pullets, a trio of indian games, a trio of wynadottes and an australorp cockeral.

The rouens are huge. I forgot how big they were but they're almost the same size as my geese.
Neat. maybe you can send a couple of pics of them? I’ll need to get a couple of good pics of mine too, mine hover in at about 8 pounds right now:

8814E0FF-AAA1-49D7-8B5E-144C295A5AF0.jpeg

First egg from the October born babies!
It’s from one of my khaki girls, I hope the others kick in too, I already have someone interested in buying khaki ducklings.

Neat. maybe you can send a couple of pics of them? I’ll need to get a couple of good pics of mine too, mine hover in at about 8 pounds right now:
I have some photos but not very good ones. I like to get photos of them so that I have lots of records of them. Plus, they're cute so their photos need to be taken anyway. They're on my phone though and I'm on the computer right now so I'll put them on later. Can't wait to see your pictures of your birds.

Also, that duck is looking better already. She's still got a good limp going but she's able to walk properly now where before she was using her wings to get her along. Either tomorrow or the next day she should be right to go back with the other ducks again.

I have some photos but not very good ones. I like to get photos of them so that I have lots of records of them. Plus, they're cute so their photos need to be taken anyway. They're on my phone though and I'm on the computer right now so I'll put them on later. Can't wait to see your pictures of your birds.

Also, that duck is looking better already. She's still got a good limp going but she's able to walk properly now where before she was using her wings to get her along. Either tomorrow or the next day she should be right to go back with the other ducks again.
Ok, that’s good about your duck. With my ducks they tend to heal up from injuries pretty fast too. I will try to get a couple of good pictures soon. Look forward to seeing yours.

Also, what can I do for one of my rouens? She was stood on on the way home and her leg is a bit sore. Plus, she's a big duck and her legs can't hold her now that one is injured. She's better this morning and I've isolated her from the other ducks because she was laying down a lot and the other ducks were standing on her, slowing down the healing process. She can move pretty quick when she wants to. I moved the other ducks out of the pen and she tried to follow them. Made it pretty far too. I've made sure that she has had plenty of water and feed.

Thank you in advance
If you have something she can swim in, that will actually help her leg, because she can stretch and work it without putting weight on it.

I think I need to join. A friend of mine told me that TSC was thinking of having a sale on ducklings, because they had a bunch of bigger ones, and just got a shipment of day-olds and needed the room.

The next morning I drove 50 minutes, snagged the first employee I saw and said "What kind of deal can you make me if I take them all."
"Dollar a piece."
"Box 'em."

24 ducklings and 14 chicks later ...

Back
Top Bottom