Duck and Goose Poo Page - Warning, poo pictures!

Help please my 2 month old pekin has very watery poop with little bits of green and white in it and northing else. She cant stand very long and puts her arms out before she collaspes collaspe. She doesnt move to poop or swim. Shes on my lap right now but im scared
Do you have
Heat?
6inch or so deep water?
Duck or chicken feed?
Nutrient supliments?

Help please my 2 month old pekin has very watery poop with little bits of green and white in it and northing else. She cant stand very long and puts her arms out before she collaspes collaspe. She doesnt move to poop or swim. Shes on my lap right now but im scared
Can you take her to a vet?

She passed away that night thank you both though. And yes they had shelter and feed and 3 swimming pools
I know this is a very late reply but I'm a new poultry owner and having the same thing happen to my ducklings infact upon symptoms they pass the following night and I believe it is coccidiosis but I cannot afford vet help the best I can do for my last duckling in which I had 3 is give it a steady supply of medicated chick starter.

Welcome to BYC, sorry for your losses. Medicated chick feed will not treat coccidiosis.
where do you live?
I live in NSW Australia and it is cold atm but they are always in warm areas one of the main signs before they pass is one of their eyes closing and I talked to my teacher about it who owns a poultry he was sure this is coccidiosis I believe he said.

It's pretty rare in waterfowl, but to treat it you need amprolium, a sulfa drug, or toltrazuril.

Back
Top Bottom