Duck and Goose Poo Page - Warning, poo pictures!

casportpony

Spreadsheet Queen
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
The duck that pooped those pictures is a mature Muscovy drake that I saw acting "off", and by off I mean feathers in poor condition, head tucked in, depressed, standing alone, etc.

-Kathy

Buck Oakes

Songster
5 Years
Feb 9, 2014
Madison/Gluckstadt, Mississippi
he has a lot of i think the vet called those the ureters? but i could be mistaken

in fact i would be extremely worried if he didnt have any white in his poop because that could mean he has intestinal blockage from parasites or undigested food

casportpony

Spreadsheet Queen
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
he has a lot of i think the vet called those the ureters? but i could be mistaken

in fact i would be extremely worried if he didnt have any white in his poop because that could mean he has intestinal blockage from parasites or undigested food
They're called urates. The yellow could mean he has a bacterial infection and/or a liver problem.

-Kathy

casportpony

Spreadsheet Queen
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
From duckling eating crumbles, grass and bugs. I was going to say this was normal until I saw the little red spec:

-Kathy

Last edited:

riverstyx

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2015
Deadwood SD
My 5 wk old ducks look like the abnormal poop. But only when they have had too much lettuce or grapes. Is there something wrong? Sometimes their poop looks solid and normal. Should I worry?

Top Bottom