Thoughts on this poo?

Marleeschicks

Chirping
May 28, 2023
Thoughts on these poos? They look a bit abnormal to me. I have had a devastating scare with one of my very young hens (she has a cancerous mass in her abdomen) so now I am on edge with the rest of my flock. Everyone is acting perfectly healthy and this issue with my hen has been going on for a while. This is not her poop.
Any thoughts ..?

Attachments

• IMG_0797.jpeg
    IMG_0797.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Hi Hun,
The second, to me, looks like a cecal poo and normal,
The first 🤷‍♀️ perhaps she has eaten something that she couldn’t digest ? I wouldn’t worry at this stage.
Sorry to hear about your poorly girl, it’s so hard when one of your babies gets sick. I have one at the moment. The bigger the flock the more odds that there will be one sick at some time. All we can do is make them as happy as we can,
That’s our job ❤️
Hugz

Hi Hun,
The second, to me, looks like a cecal poo and normal,
The first 🤷‍♀️ perhaps she has eaten something that she couldn’t digest ? I wouldn’t worry at this stage.
Sorry to hear about your poorly girl, it’s so hard when one of your babies gets sick. I have one at the moment. The bigger the flock the more odds that there will be one sick at some time. All we can do is make them as happy as we can,
That’s our job ❤️
Hugz
That’s good to hear — I just have heard mentions of mareks and blah blah as a cause for the tumor. It won’t be confirmed unless a necropsy is done when she passes but I would assume I’d see my other flock members having issues after all these months. But then again my vet said that some live with the disease and don’t exhibit symptoms.
All just a bit nerve wracking.
So sorry to hear about ur hen as well :( so hard to watch them struggle

Back
Top Bottom