Duck attack

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by FL MamaDuck, Mar 15, 2018.

1. FL MamaDuck

FL MamaDuck Hatching

Mar 15, 2018
    We have lots of predators here in Florida and once I stop one, another shows up. Yesterday a hawk swooped down on my fave Welsh Harlequin while she was having a swim. I got there two seconds too late and found her bloody, missing tons of feathers and unable to walk. I found the source of the blood but still can’t figure out why she can’t walk. No visible signs of trauma to her legs or hind. I’ve kept her confined on the patio ina crate with food under her bill. She’s eating, but when she tries to walk, she looks like she’s drunk. She falls over and tries to steady herself with her neck and flails all over the place. I’m thinking hip? Please help!

2. Lauren Adams

Lauren Adams Songster

Oct 29, 2017
    MI
    Oh My Lord I am so sorry I don't know what to do but I may know some people who do. @KikisGirls @Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks and KikisGirls like this.
  3. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.
    I am not a duck person so I can't offer any help.
    Sit tight someone will be along shortly.

4. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Queen Of The Coop

Jul 13, 2016
    Burdsville
    My Coop
  5. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

Hmmm..Sorry that happened..
    Ducks are pretty tough although a Vet will need to be seen. We are not Vets and only Backyard owners so can't really give you advise to save the Bird. Culling is an option to consider?..

Hybridchucks likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: