DUCK BILL MISSING

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very sad, I applaud you and how much you are trying to do for this sweet duck.
Can you call animal control anonymously? Obviously these birds aren't in a good situation, animal control might be able to do something.
In the photo's it does look like her crop is somewhat full though, does anyone else see that? Maybe full enough to keep her going. That being said, its not a dire emergency. Something needs to be done about this situation, but she's figuring it out for now.
She'll last long enough for animal control to step in.

x2! Same question!! Can animal control do anything? I feel bad for the poor ducky
I've seen threads in the past about abused poultry were lots of people have suggested animal control. Sometimes animal control can't do much, but ANYTHING, even if they just stop by and tell her to knock it off would be better then nothing.

The park mentioned is a state park. State parks are generally focused on the natural environment. I'm not sure how a duck sanctuary fits in with naturalization. Maybe contact the Kentucky Dept of Parks? Unless for some reason there is an area there that is managed as a "duck sanctuary" and it is ok to do so within the state regulations and park system?

If the duck has been there for years, as the woman claims, someone is feeding it out of a container. I know of ducks and a goose in a city park that lived for many years, with bills like that, because they were fed daily out of a container. Ducks with bad legs can also do okay in parks where they are in the water most of the time. The fact she wouldn't even take $100 for the duck must mean it does mean a lot to her and her daughter. It's obviously not all about selfishness. Have you ever taken care of ducks in a park every day, including crippled ones? If not, you might want to get off your high horse.

This is not to discourage your mission to rescue ducks, but just a warning that ducks with injuries, both domestic and wild, can often end up euthanized, regardless if someone is offering to give them a home or not. Wild ones that cannot be fully rehabilitated in so many days will definitely be destroyed. Also, someone might decide no domestic ducks should be in any state park and have them all killed. No ducks should be running around with hooks in their mouths, however. Someone needs to catch those and get the hooks out.

So, you can risk going above her head or not. Just don't expect the results you want will be the results you get. There's also the local newspaper, if you still have one, but once again, the press attention may not have the results you want. Ducks can survive in all sorts or locations, some far from perfect. Even in perfect type homes, though, they can be killed one way or another long before they reach old age, as many can testify here.

Last edited:
everyone has a price. find out what hers is and i’m in for at least $100
I offered her $100, she turned it down saying her daughter will not give it up. I did just send her an email to tell her the offer is now up to $200. I will let you know if I hear back. She sees this as an insult though so she may just get mad. Remember in her mind this park is a duck sanctuary with over 20% injury rate. (UNTIL THE FLOCK WAS INCREASED, now the percentage is lower)

Last edited:
I offered her $100, she turned it down saying her daughter will not give it up
Thank you for your kindness. I don't know if I could raise enough money to get her to give it up, she thinks she has a sanctuary, yet over 20% of these ducks were injured before she added more fowl to lower the percentage rate. I will send her an email and tell her it is up to $200, but I doubt she will give it up. It will no doubt die.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom