1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck booties for hurt feet!!!!!! Thank you Nettie!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kysilkies, Mar 1, 2010.

1. kysilkies

kysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Elizabethtown, KY
    We received our new booties from Nettie and felt compelled to give her props...They are high quality and we have to say, the daggone cutest things we've ever seen!...They look very easy to get their feet in as well and you can tell they'll be well protected!...

We hope we never need to use them but if our babies ever get sore feet, they'll be as close to "gelling" as possible, THANK YOU NETTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is her site:

http://www.indoorducks.com/

If you have ducks, these are a little peace of mind and look so cute hanging up! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. kw

kw Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2009
    green co.
    How much did they cost?

3. kysilkies

May 3, 2009
    Elizabethtown, KY
    They were $10pr & $6pr...I believe they can be tailored to many different sizes, we chose IIRC a 3-6wk size and one for our grown Muscovies...

4. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I got some from her too. 8 of my ducks have Bumblefoot (pretty severe), and these are helping them out a lot. They can walk comfortably now and are healing up very nicely. I will post before and after pics. These are great, and come in several colors. Thanks so much Nettie! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    before

[​IMG]
    first day w/booties

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After [​IMG]

and now:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  5. kysilkies

May 3, 2009
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Glad to see those are helping, how do they get bumblefoot?!?!

6. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    It is caused by Staph Aureous bacteria invading a small cut in the foot, which is usually caused by hard floors, staples, nails, rough surfaces for them to walk on. Left untreated it can cause swollen/infected hocks, feet so bad they can't walk, pain and even death (from Septicemia i.e. systemic infection in the blood). [​IMG]

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I got some shoes sent out to OZ for my ducks...the big size...gee if I had of known how cute the little ones were I would have ordered some of them too.. Wonderful to see pics of the difference wearing shoes has made to the bumble foot.

8. kw

kw Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2009
    green co.
    It's amazing what a difference those booties made!! I just can't believe that after pic. [​IMG]

9. kingpincray

kingpincray Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Palmerston North
    how long did it take to heal?

10. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    It took about 6 weeks. I used the booties in combination with antibiotics & topical ointments. The booties help keep the topical medicine in so it gets absorbed better. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by