Duck bottom is white

Mandee297

Songster
Jun 30, 2020
Southern New Jersey
Hi all I have three female Cayugas. They are 10 weeks old and just moved outside. They’re acting super happy and healthy but I noticed some feathers coming out (is this normal) and also white residue on my other girls bottom. Cause for concern? Both pictures attached.

Attachments

• DD989335-6D85-4504-96E4-16227EACCF70.jpeg
    DD989335-6D85-4504-96E4-16227EACCF70.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 157C1674-7EB6-443D-A25C-D72ED792E8D4.jpeg
    157C1674-7EB6-443D-A25C-D72ED792E8D4.jpeg
    673.5 KB · Views: 9
how much space do they have? ive seen the same thing when feed stores put way too many ducks in an area and they don’t have too much space

Hi all I have three female Cayugas. They are 10 weeks old and just moved outside. They’re acting super happy and healthy but I noticed some feathers coming out (is this normal) and also white residue on my other girls bottom. Cause for concern? Both pictures attached.
That looks like poo all over her bottom! You can take a warm rag and try to clean it off.

how much space do they have? ive seen the same thing when feed stores put way too many ducks in an area and they don’t have too much space
Hi! Which issue are talking? White bottom appears to have been poop lolol. I just gave her a little bath and all good. Their run has 63 square feet but they free range with me everyday supervised.

How old are they? The fuzz around the neck in the second picture looks like baby fuzz, which suggests to me that the feather loss is likely just them getting their adult feathers. They are very lucky ducks to have such a caring owner.

How old are they? The fuzz around the neck in the second picture looks like baby fuzz, which suggests to me that the feather loss is likely just them getting their adult feathers. They are very lucky ducks to have such a caring owner.
Thanks so much. ! I feel so lucky to have them. They are about 9 weeksishhhh now. I think you may be right. I just overanalyze everything lol

Thanks so much. ! I feel so lucky to have them. They are about 9 weeksishhhh now. I think you may be right. I just overanalyze everything lol
Wow, I totally did not read the first post right, lol. That would’ve answered my question. These things are normal to worry about, I know I had a heart attack when our first ducks started molting. It’s all a learning experience, and a wonderful one at that.

Back
Top Bottom