Duck Breed Focus - Crested Ducks

Created ducks are considered a separate breed? I thought that the crest gene could appear in any breed, much like the polydactyl mutation can appear in any breed of cat and so on. I was under the impression you could have created Perkins, crested rouens, created Swedish, etc... I must have been mistaken. Good to know.
I believe the UK also recognizes several several different colors as a separate standardized breed.

Need help with heat in S. FL.
We have 6, 3week old ducklings that we're raising at home with the intention of releasing on our lake when they're old enough. They seem to always be panting no matter where we move them if they're not in their little pool. They're on our screened patio now which has a fan and it's covered. But they still look hot. How much heat can they handle? It's 91 today with a feel like of 100+. Thanks

Need help with heat in S. FL.
We have 6, 3week old ducklings that we're raising at home with the intention of releasing on our lake when they're old enough. They seem to always be panting no matter where we move them if they're not in their little pool. They're on our screened patio now which has a fan and it's covered. But they still look hot. How much heat can they handle? It's 91 today with a feel like of 100+. Thanks
I don't know if you have already but try starting your own thread. Just go to the duck forum and press post thread

Back
Top Bottom