Duck Breed Focus - Mallard

I have a couple of Mallards that frequent my pool. They have made this a favorite stop. I love to see them, but I'm worried about them drinking chems.in the water. Could they get enough to harm them?

@Alexandra33 your ducks are beautiful and I love your photographs!
Thank you, @NorthFLChick !
big_smile.png
They move constantly, so a good picture is hard to come by.

-Alex

· What made you decide to get this breed?

Their beauty, many others ducks are prettier but there’s just something about the Mallard, guess they speak to my inner child.

· Do you own them for fun? Breeding? Some other purpose?

For fun, they are the most unique pet. Not sure who owns who. Most days they spend daytime hours inside. If I grab a nap, one will sleep on my chest along with me. On a towel or in diapers.... The duck, not me silly!

· What are your favorite characteristics about this breed?

I simply love their complex personalities. They can be loving, happy, angry, stubborn, curious, aloof, and shy; all within a few minuets time.

· Post some pics of your birds; male/female, chicks, eggs, etc!

I have posted several, one was an image of Mr. Peepers that you've reposted in your thread. I’ll post a few more now...

Last edited:
Well the fact that mallards have been domesticated makes it a breed if you domesticated a wolf it would then be a dog breed in theory

Also it's a breed just becuase every waterfowl association names it as a breed .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom