Duck Breed Focus - Welsh Harlequin

Can anyone help me identify her breed?

Are the legs and feet dark too??? The only duck I have that would have that dark of a bill and that light of a fuzz would be a Chocolate runner, but I haven't had everything
gig.gif
. Does it stand upright sometimes???

In her earliest pics our Chocolate looked a little dirty yellow in fuzz and had a black bill and legs.

Didn't take too long before she looked brown all over.

Other than that, I'd say a mix or wait a couple days for her features to solidify. My KC is brown and she was very brown from the beginning (brown and chocolate are different genetics). If it's a mix, no idea at all.

Hmmm, the cap looks Harlequin, but not with the black bill I don't think.

Last edited:
I got her from Coastal Farms, she is definitely light brown with a dark brown strip on her head and all the girl could tell me was that it said assorted ducks.

Are the legs and feet dark too??? The only duck I have that would have that dark of a bill and that light of a fuzz would be a Chocolate runner, but I haven't had everything :gig . Does it stand upright sometimes??? In her earliest pics our Chocolate looked a little dirty yellow in fuzz and had a black bill and legs. Didn't take too long before she looked brown all over. Other than that, I'd say a mix or wait a couple days for her features to solidify. My KC is brown and she was very brown from the beginning (brown and chocolate are different genetics). If it's a mix, no idea at all. Hmmm, the cap looks Harlequin, but not with the black bill I don't think.
She does have dark brown legs

That looks like a female Welsh Harlequin. I took this picture from a web site and this one is a female silver WelshHarlequin.

Last edited:

Thisis from another page. The boys bill is darker greenish bluish and the girls is a brownish pink.

Back
Top Bottom