Duck Breed ID

My neighbor's daughter suddenly moved out and left a small flock of ducks behind. I'm the only other neighbor with ducks (Muscovy) so was the only who was willing to take them.

The only person who might have a concrete clue what they are would be the daughter, but she's long gone.

They're pretty small, completely flightless (my pup decided something about them required chasing and yeah despite running and flapping like crazy, nothing), the drake looks like a mallard to a T, there's only blue on his wing. 5 of the females almost look like a light chocolate with a dove grey "lacing" and are pretty identical except for one who has a small crest. #6 looks nothing like the others, she is mostly white with cream splotches and is much bigger and holds herself a lot more upright.

View attachment 2466986View attachment 2466987
Did you ever find out what your brown ducks were? I bought one from TSC last year that looks just like your brown ones. So I don't think it's a mix breed, but would like to know what breed it is to educate myself better on her..

Back
Top Bottom