Duck breed ?

Mc80

Hatching
Sep 26, 2023
Bought a few ducklings from TSC earlier this year, one started out as a brown duckling with a black bill, the other a yellowish brown with an olive green color and a black bill. I thought one was a khaki Campbell and wasn’t sure about the other but now they look identical. We have a pair of rouens that are 6 months old but they never looked like these ducklings do.
IMG_3391.jpeg
IMG_3373.jpeg
Could they be welsh harlequin?

Attachments

• IMG_3363.png
    IMG_3363.png
    3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3364.png
    IMG_3364.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3374.png
    IMG_3374.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3393.jpeg
    IMG_3393.jpeg
    869.4 KB · Views: 5
I agree. If you look closely, the one on the left (1st picture) has blue Speculums (wing patches). That tells you that it is showing wild type black instead of the sex-linked brown found in Khaki Campbell’s. That duck is also then a drake since in Golden 300s from the hatchery are bred so boys get black and girls brown. The other duck, on the left, is either a Golden 300 female or a Khaki Campbell of either sex. Based on the coloring I suspect it is a Khaki drake. Sorry!

I would say the one on the far left is a khaki campbell. It is quite a bit smaller than the other of the same age, and they are a lighter breed. Also based off the duckling picture of it. I agree the coloring is leaning male.

They are both definitely not welsh harlequins.

Back
Top Bottom