Duck breeders in wisconsin

I am curious about something. How many ducks per acre would you keep? I am talking free range / pasture raising. I am trying to figure out the number of chickens / ducks / geese / turkeys / rabbits I can raise on my 6 acres of pasture.

A lot will have to do with manure distribution and what your soils need and where you can spread it, rough estimation is about 2 acres per 1000 pounds of animals. So for ducks if they are 8 pound ducks that would be roughly 125 for every 2 acres. granted this is just an estimate and you could put more than that on there but you will really start to have large dirt lots.

ISO: Pekins and Muscovy in far Northern wi... Taylo/Clark/Price/Marathon/Lincon county area....anybody??

I don't know of anybody in that area.

I don't have any since I am just starting to get back into ducks. I am in Marinette / Oconto counties area. We found our Rouens on a community bulletin board in town. Might be a place to look.

Hi everyone. I'm Heather and I live in north central Wisconsin. I grew up on a farm and had ducks as a kid and I am now raising them along with chickens. 3 weeks ago I got my rouen hen and my rouen/pekin drake. They have been mates for quite awhile and i couldn't separate them. They have 10 (so far) ducklings on the way and I have a single egg in my incubator which should hatch early June. I thought I would join the forum here so I can socialize with other Wisconsin duck lovers :).

Back
Top Bottom