Duck breeders in wisconsin

And here I thought I was the only one. lol.... I grew up (and still live) in the country in north central Wisconsin. When I was a kid I was in 4-H. I used to raise and breed MANY types of fowl. Last year i decided to get back into it a bit. I picked up some bantam cross chickens from a dear friend of mine. This summer i decided to get some duck ( Muscovy) . I forget how enjoyable they are to have around. I have raised many different breeds, but they were always my favorite. After "collecting" since late summer, I now have 13 of them! I guess i was not satisfied till i had many different colors of them lol... I am looking forward to next spring when they all try there hand at there first year of breeding. And knowing Muscovy's, I will have ALLOT of them come next summer. Being that i have 8 girls . Well, that is my story.....

Oh fun. do you have any Muscovy drakes? I had 1 drake and 3 ducks for a while and ended up with 30 ducklings. I thought one had been taken (couldn't find it for over a month) but it came back with babies. luckily we found a home for them all. now i have other duck breeds and chickens as well.

I really enjoyed my scovys but they didn't fit in with my flock, so now we have all mallard derived ducks. They just started laying and I cant wait to breed them next year.
big_smile.png

Some of the top waterfowl breeders in the US live in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Airling Gunderson, Ryan Gartman, Dan Fenner. Check out the International Waterfowl Breeders Association website for more info. I think you will be surprised...
K&S

I have a few more breeds I want to add to my flock. I would love to add Welsh Harlequins, Muscovies, Cayugas, and maybe Pekins. That would give me 5 breeds and make for more entertainment for the LSGD I have.

Fernie
Married, Mother of 6, Slave to 20 rabbits, 5 cats, 3 parakeets, 3 ducks, and 1 pup with 100 chicks on the way.

I have a few more breeds I want to add to my flock. I would love to add Welsh Harlequins, Muscovies, Cayugas, and maybe Pekins.
I have Caygas, pekins, and Welsh Harlequins, they are all great and I love them!!!
Some of the top waterfowl breeders in the US live in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Airling Gunderson, Ryan Gartman, Dan Fenner. Check out the International Waterfowl Breeders Association website for more info. I think you will be surprised...
K&S
Oh I will do.

Back
Top Bottom