Duck breeding advice

coalcluff7

Hatching
Nov 3, 2015
Cornwall England
Hiya I'm new here,
I'm curious when is duck season, I've heard where I live it's weather dependant (April september) but surely you can't eat any of those eggs because they might be fertile????

Hiya I'm new here,
I'm curious when is duck season, I've heard where I live it's weather dependant (April september) but surely you can't eat any of those eggs because they might be fertile????

You can eat fertile eggs. It won't hurt you. My family we eat duck eggs and all the eggs are fertile. There's no duckling in them until the incubation process has started.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I, personally, know nothing about ducks. But, if ducks are anything like chickens, then I would assume you can eat fertile eggs. :)

Good luck and, again, welcome!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

X2 on @Birdrain92 's post, fertile eggs are perfectly safe to eat.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on Birdrain92; you can eat fertile eggs. Just be sure that they have not had time for the embryos to really develop in them. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Go ahead and eat those eggs. AS long as they have not been sitting under a broody bird or in an incubator, they are fine to eat.

Back
Top Bottom