Duck concerns

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vannajo, May 23, 2017.

1. Vannajo

Vannajo Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2017
    Lakewood, WA
    Good morning,
    We've had two Blue Swedish ducks for a little over a year now, and Bought two more Pekin about 12 weeks ago. We have the Pekin outside now, since they are full grown (bigger than the older ducks now) but have them separated, although they can still see each other. They've been living this way for a few weeks now. I've let them mingle together once, and lets just say it did not go well. My older male duck started to violently chase them, and pull their feathers out. Is there a better way to go about letting them live together? Also, My one Female Pekin hasn't started to lay eggs yet, do I need to wait on letting them live together until she does, since she is still eating different food than my older Blue Swedish female?

2. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Overrun With Chickens

Jul 13, 2016
    England
    My Coop
    :welcome:welcome:welcome

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm afraid I'm not a duck person but I'm sure if you pop by the duck section the keepers there will be able to help you ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/ducks.42/

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC. Sadly, I know nothing about ducks, but those on the link given by Y/Coop sure do! I'm sure that they will be able to help you out.

Best wishes
    CT

5. Kyanite

Kyanite Loving Life!

May 27, 2016
    SE Idaho
    I just wanted to pop in and say :welcome
    I wish I could help you with the duck problem, but I just got my first two ducklings a week ago!

Hybridchucks likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry I barely know anything about ducks. Have you tried posting on the "duck thread?"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by