Duck Coop? Cost?

Going Quackers you could put a tin roof on it and a solid plywood back on one end for a snug coop for your ducks. It was real simple to build.

That is true, good idea~ i know after this winter i need to sort things a bit differently.. the heavy snow and cold has just been too much, of coarse watch i do all this and we'll barely be cold and have little snow this coming winter lol

That is true, good idea~ i know after this winter i need to sort things a bit differently.. the heavy snow and cold has just been too much, of coarse watch i do all this and we'll barely be cold and have little snow this coming winter lol
But you'll be ready when you do.
smile.png

How much is too much is subjective. Are YOU willing to pay that much? I personally built my duck coop for under $60, but we just paid $3,000 for a privacy fence so they free range in our yard during the day so there was no cost for a run. You can check out the coop by following the link in my siggie.. its not to fancy but they like it =)

I saw a chicken coop for €249.00 for 6 laying hens
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
but it is definatly OK for 2 pekin ducks. There are other ones for sale on that website.
ya.gif

{I havn't got the coop yet but I will when the time comes!}
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
If your handy you may come out better building your own.website didn't work for me.

Last edited:
I saw a chicken coop for €249.00 for 6 laying hens
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
but it is definatly OK for 2 pekin ducks. There are other ones for sale on that website.
ya.gif

{I havn't got the coop yet but I will when the time comes!}
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I agree with Lydia, it is MUCH cheaper to build your own. We reused materials which is why ours only cost $55 when we expanded it! You can make it as intricate or simple as you want (and your skill allows).

Back
Top Bottom