Duck coop/summer heat

Sttnmm2

Hatching
May 8, 2021
Hi, new duck mom. We’re raising 2 female ducks and hoping do domesticate them as much as possible as pets for our family. We’re in a neighborhood now but will soon be on our farmland. I don’t know what kind of coop to get our ducks. It doesn’t matter how big because we will be moving soon. I want them to be protected from the roaming cats. I want them in our backyard outside kept at all times. I let them out to swim a couple times a day but I want to fit a pool in their coop and be able to move the coop around to fresh grass after they get it nasty. I need brands/names of what coop to look at! The ducklings are 3 weeks old now so I’ve got time right?

You do have some time... We free range our ducks during the day (barn cats don't bother them) and then put them in at night and shut their pen up. Their pool is just in our yard as well, this keeps the mess down in their pen (because they will LOVE to splash and make a mess. Would you be able to let them roam in the yard, or are predators a concern during the day?

We are in a suburban backyard so the fencing is not secure due to ditches/uneven fencing, plus stray cats are constantly roaming. And unfortunately we aren’t moving to our farm til August. So they’d need to be in a coop most of the time until August...then I’d love to let them free range. So a duck run/coop/hutch of some sort maybe? I don’t want to spend over 300$

We are in a suburban backyard so the fencing is not secure due to ditches/uneven fencing, plus stray cats are constantly roaming. And unfortunately we aren’t moving to our farm til August. So they’d need to be in a coop most of the time until August...then I’d love to let them free range. So a duck run/coop/hutch of some sort maybe? I don’t want to spend over 300$
That is what I would look for. Something with a "hutch" and a "run." Wish I were more helpful!

Back
Top Bottom