Duck crop impacted with oyster shells

That is some great news!! Hopefully, you can get all of it to move on out of her crop. Just hope it doesn't get stuck somewhere else. Just thinking of this large amount of Oyster shells moving on through her system. Sorry, I am a worry wort when it comes to animals.

Yes, how is she this morning?

That is some great news!! Hopefully, you can get all of it to move on out of her crop. Just hope it doesn't get stuck somewhere else. Just thinking of this large amount of Oyster shells moving on through her system. Sorry, I am a worry wort when it comes to animals.

Yes, how is she this morning?
Do you think grit would help at this point since its started moving through her or could it cause further impactation?

That's awesome! I'm so glad that it worked for her!
Same thread, same duck, but a different problem. Our female Pekin is so much better and she's pooing regularly and she has her appetite back, so today we let her go outside with the others. She was only out for a few hours and it rained and she is drenched. She looks mangy and dirty and wet 🥺 I don't know what happened. The only thing I can think of is having to feed her olive oil to help with her crop and that it's messed up her own oils? Her gland looks good.

Attachments

• 20230612_192038.jpg
    20230612_192038.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 6
She may have wet feathers since she was soaked. If you think that a possibility you can wash her in dawn make sure to rinse her well then keep her out of water a few days so she gets the oils spread over her feathers real good to get water proofed again.

We let her out this morning, but my husband will be checking on her and if he notices her looking raggedy again, he'll bring her in. I'll try the dawn if it happens again. We're so attached to her (Lil'bit) because she is special. She's our little human duck. ❤️🥰

Attachments

• IMG_7929.jpg
    IMG_7929.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom