Duck Diapers? Anyone Familiar?

Im planning on ordering my next set from the mother goose. I ordered from someone else and need to make an adjustment on both, putting a buckle on because my two .hate the velcro sound and speedy cries out everytime i go to take it off. And i never see any feathers stuck in it or anything.

Im planning on ordering my next set from the mother goose. I ordered from someone else and need to make an adjustment on both, putting a buckle on because my two .hate the velcro sound and speedy cries out everytime i go to take it off. And i never see any feathers stuck in it or anything.
Poor little speedy :( (I’ll admit I’ve read through your entire story about speedy on here. I love it :) )

Lol nothing like ducks wearing cheap lingerie!! :lau
I'll have to check out The Goose Mother! This was extremely helpful, I've been wanting to check out diapers for a long time with past ducks, but always found some sort of way to talk myself out of them!
I wonder if you happen to know any tricks to get them used to wearing the diapers, like treats, short periods of time, etc.?

You know, now that I think of it, I made sure to get treats ready for them right after I put the diapers on. The distraction helped them to forget the indignity of the situation!

Ok, so I have another random question regarding ducks. I am considering looking into diapers for my ducks, but am new to this aspect of duck ownership/buffoonery haha. I have found a few different websites that sell these diapers, but as usual-I have questions- and who better to ask than you fine folks?
My two ducklings are roughly 3 weeks old. I am unsure if this would be considered "too soon" for diapering, and if that's the case, at what age would one consider optimal diapering age? ALSO- how does one acclimate aforementioned ducklings to said diapers? Does anyone have any tricks/tips/techniques on how to get them used to wearing them? I know that they can't be worn at all times, however, being able to be poop free every now and again would be fabulous so they could roam the house for a bit without me trailing after them with Resolve Carpet Spray and rolls of paper towels.
As always- ANY advice or thoughts on the matter would be very helpful and appreciated.

Well since you asked... Duck are not indoor creatures and do not need diapers.

Gary

Fuzzbutts, I saw this thread under 'recent', saw it was you and had to check it out. LOL, you guys are too funny. I have 3 Pekin ducks, love them and they don't wear diapers. They are in the coop I'm busy trying protect and to catch a raccoon by.
Yeah we are obsessed w our ducklings (we recently got two to begin building a new flock). We are also working on fortifying their coop and run, and they will live outdoors, but until we are done w our duck fortress they will be inside. Hence- potential duck diapers. Plus then they can come hang inside every so often ( especially if I make myself paranoid about predators.... which I definitely do) lol.
We shall see if it actually comes to fruition or not! :ya

Back
Top Bottom