Duck diarrhea

chlobie_elise

In the Brooder
Dec 17, 2020
Hi all! This is my first post. I’m a new duck owner. My Pekin drake has been having some dark diarrhea today. This I the first day I’ve noticed this. He seems completely fine otherwise. Drinking plenty of water, eating food, splashing in pool, digging in the mud here and there. Still vocal to me when I talk to him. Energy seems fine also. But he has been having diarrhea today, and keeps farting also? Should I be worried? Also, are there any home remedies or medications that could be recommended? Thanks in advance :) I love my duck and want him to be happy and healthy! I attached a picture of the diarrhea

Attachments

• B73683A4-6B80-4B36-AA4F-DE1ADE116BB3.jpeg
    B73683A4-6B80-4B36-AA4F-DE1ADE116BB3.jpeg
    837.5 KB · Views: 24
Mud maybe? boy when mine get into mud their poop is blk too. Farting isn't something I've ever heard though. Can you think of anything he may have gotten into that would upset his tummy? Sounds like he's healthy so maybe just keep an eye on him in case he starts showing signs of being sick.

Welcome to BYC

Mud maybe? boy when mine get into mud their poop is blk too. Farting isn't something I've ever heard though. Can you think of anything he may have gotten into that would upset his tummy? Sounds like he's healthy so maybe just keep an eye on him in case he starts showing signs of being sick.

Welcome to BYC

Welcome to BYC
You’re probably right! It rained recently, and I swear is LOVES digging in that mud. There isn’t anything else he could have eaten that would have caused this. I think it might have just been a mud heavy diet yesterday haha. I think he’s doing better at this moment. I’ll keep an eye on him though. Thanks for the reply

It's amazing the different poops they can have first time mine ate watermelon my goodness and anything green so mud of course is going to go in blk come out blk. Good thing the are a hardy bunch! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom