Duck egg bruises - safety hole?

If they're trying to internally pip and can't, they might end up DIS. You're there and can see it in person, so you know better than I do about what feels right. Have you hatched Runners before? Do you have an alternate calibrated thermometer and hydrometer inside the incubator? Have you already raised the humidity? I don't mean to second guess you by any means, so please know that I don't mean to disrespect you in any way 💜 I LOVE Runners and hope you'll share pictures of them. I will have some one day. What colors are these eggs from? Please accept my apologies. I get excited talking about ducks 💜 I'm outside locking up my little quackers right now, way past bedtime ☺️

If they're trying to internally pip and can't, they might end up DIS. You're there and can see it in person, so you know better than I do about what feels right. Have you hatched Runners before? Do you have an alternate calibrated thermometer and hydrometer inside the incubator? Have you already raised the humidity? I don't mean to second guess you by any means, so please know that I don't mean to disrespect you in any way 💜 I LOVE Runners and hope you'll share pictures of them. I will have some one day. What colors are these eggs from? Please accept my apologies. I get excited talking about ducks 💜 I'm outside locking up my little quackers right now, way past bedtime ☺️
Hi, they are white runners I think. I have never hatched ducks before. I have raised the humidity to 70 -80. And one of my eggs (not the bruised one) has just externally popped on the wrong end. This whole incubation had been a nightmare with the incubator turning off randomly all the time. I am definately getting a new incubator after this.

Did you have a chance to read the article I linked? It's so full of helpful information. Honestly, I read it every time I hatch and again before I take any measures to assist.
If you'd like to take pictures of the pips and post them, I'm sure there are many of us that wouldn't mind looking at them and sharing any thoughts we have. The bruises make me nervous and if the others are externally piping on the wrong end, I suspect the others are trying to pip but aren't able. I believe the need for air is what causes the external pip. Hopefully @casportpony or @MGG can confirm. Mgg helped me through many hatches and I would still be lost if it wasn't for her.

Did you have a chance to read the article I linked? It's so full of helpful information. Honestly, I read it every time I hatch and again before I take any measures to assist.
If you'd like to take pictures of the pips and post them, I'm sure there are many of us that wouldn't mind looking at them and sharing any thoughts we have. The bruises make me nervous and if the others are externally piping on the wrong end, I suspect the others are trying to pip but aren't able. I believe the need for air is what causes the external pip. Hopefully @casportpony or @MGG can confirm. Mgg helped me through many hatches and I would still be lost if it wasn't for her.
Yes I did, and I think now that I know other chicks are upside down that I will do a safety hole on the bruise.

Have made the safety hole, here are some pictures. 20211024_132412.jpg 20211024_132109.jpg

Back
Top Bottom