Duck Egg Duck Egg Duck Egg Yay!!!!!!

Quote:
Awesome! Are you going to hatch them? I guess ducks just pop out messy eggs.

Yes! They laid them in the dirt behind their house so that's how I never saw them. (Plus I wasn't looking.) You would think they would lay in their warm house with the shavings but... that's a duck for ya! I'm going to return the eggs to the house today and see if someone goes Broody. (2 hens) I was curious as to if both are laying or just one to get an idea of how many days they've been sitting there. (18 eggs)
If no one sets them I'll incubate.
Of course I run out there today at 9am and NO EGGS. Really?

Geez! I guess they are afternoon layers? We'll see!

I did do the fertility test and the one a cracked was fertile. Had a heck of a time getting the egg back in the shell though.. LOL.

I made one of the eggs today...

OMG IT WAS AMAZING!!! I was like.... Wow... It's thicker... Umm... >.>
Then I scrambled it and YUMMY!! Thank you
big_smile.png

Quote:
I thought about that. But for some reason the thought of eating one irks me just a tad. I don't know what it is.

Me too. I've gotten 3 eggs in the last 3 days. I snuck the first one into muffins, but I suck the other 2 under my broody hen, even though I'm not entirely sure they are fertile. I thought I saw a bullseye, but I'm not sure. Since she has been laying everyday ( at least I think it's all her, I had one green and 2 white eggs, but they all had the same peeled looking little end?) I guess I better get some guts and try one soon.
smile.png

Quote:
yep, duck eggs are the best!
can't describe exactly why, but when I eat them I think MAN those are good!

My ducks' eggs always have mud on them. Even when they lay them in the duck house. I've got one duck who insists on laying hers next to the water bucket. Silly duck.

Just went out and checked and there is a nice little egg sitting in her duck house. AND it's in the nest I made for her. Good Duckie. Now I'm going to add the others and see if she'll set on them. Probably not.. but it's worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom