Duck egg pipped on bottom, should I rotate egg?

Jen16

Hatching
May 20, 2022
Duck egg day 27. We are at least 24 hours since external pip. He pipped on the opposite side of the air cell and towards the bottom of the egg. When his beak pokes through the hole, the best I can tell he is sitting upside down in there. Should I rotate the egg?

Attachments

• 00E2D614-4B05-4401-B80D-60055BF57F10.jpeg
    00E2D614-4B05-4401-B80D-60055BF57F10.jpeg
    341.7 KB · Views: 92
Side pipped ducklings / chicks are typically fine,
but it might take longer than a duckling that externally pips towards the air cell. I wouldn't open the incubator unless it's been 24+ hrs passed the time since they piped, then I would recommend rotating the egg or even helping the baby out.

CLICK AND READ ME!

ME,TOO!

Last edited:
Ugggh
Side pipped ducklings / chicks are typically fine,
but it might take longer than a duckling that externally pips towards the air cell. I wouldn't open the incubator unless it's been 24+ hrs passed the time since they piped, then I would recommend rotating the egg or even helping the baby out.

CLICK AND READ ME!

ME,TOO!
im experiencing the same thing currently . It’s been about 32 hours since external pip was first made (830am 5/25/23), it has made some progress and made a hole (on right at bottom of egg) and I can see beak and was looking like it was upside down towards the bottom and air sac is in complete opposite side (on left)
When you said above “ wouldn’t open the incubator unless it's been 24+ hrs passed the time since they piped, then I would recommend rotating the egg or even helping the baby out.” When you say you would recommend rotating egg do you mean 1/4 rotation?, 1/2? Etc?
Any help would truly be appreciated.. I probably won’t sleep tonight as I’m unsure if I should do anything
I’ve posted a thread and started a conversation and haven’t seen any responses as of about 4 pm today (5/26/23)
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom