Duck Egg Skelter

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by seussiii, Mar 20, 2017.

1. seussiii

seussiii Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2017
    Anyone use an egg skelter for their duck eggs? I was going to get one and see a ton on amazon but most of them seem to be built for smaller chicken eggs vs duck eggs.

What do you guys use to store eggs? Any skelters out there that actually fit duck eggs that you know of?

2. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    im following to see if anyone has found one! :) i have never found one. many dont even hold a large chicken egg.
    i just use a cartons. that way i can keep them in order of oldest to newest

3. Krazyquilts

Krazyquilts Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

I bought the YIXIN one on Amazon after reading lots of reviews on it and the Skelter one and it seemed like the "cage" style of the Skelter made even chicken eggs get stuck but I figured that the "slide" style of the YIXIN wouldn't cause egg jams as badly. The only real complaint I read about the YIXIN was the "tacky" color and hey, I painted my bedroom that color - deliberately! :p

So, it has been working great with my duck eggs! Occasionally if a really big one goes in sideways, it may stop rolling down, but a gentle nudge fixes that. I really love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. cowetatina

cowetatina Just Hatched

Dec 31, 2016
    Newnan, Georgia
    I have a question about this storage thing for duck eggs. I
    New to all of this so do you have to store the eggs in this manor? Or can they just go in the Fridge? Or is this a decoration of some sort?

5. Krazyquilts

Krazyquilts Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

If you don't wash the eggs, then they still have the protective bloom on them from the egg so they don't need to be refrigerated. (Assuming they aren't dirty. Dirty ones get used ASAP.) My fridge is always full, so since I don't have to refrigerate them, I don't. And since I am unbelievably proud of my clever, clever girls, yes, it's also to show them off. ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by