Duck egg taking too long to hatch........help please?????

Nisaa

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 15, 2013
Hi,
Its my first time hatching a duck egg and i need help. i found a duck egg on my family's farm.the egg was abandoned.so i decided to take it home and hatch it at home under a heat lamp. i have had the egg for about one month and some more days. the egg has had gradual development.When i candle the egg i can see the embryo in the egg.I also have done the float test on the egg. the egg floated and bubble in the water. also around the egg their were tiny air bubbles as in the embryo was breathing in the egg while in the water.I'm worried because it has taken too much time for the duckling to hatch.... here is a picture of my lil duckling.....please tell me if it is dead or alive?????? the duck egg is under a heat lamp at 98 degrees i have a thermometer.

This is a picture of the back of the egg. bellow is the picture in the front were the embryo can be seen.

Here is another picture of the front of the egg....bellow is it....

Help please....... Is it dead or alive.......

over a month... and from the beginning it had slow development... bc at first i just had it wrapped up in a towel then i placed it under the heat lamp when i saw it wasn't developing fast enough....

whats the proper position to place the duck egg when candling it.... should
the flash light line shine from tru the air sac... or one has to candle it from the narrow end pointing
down.....??? because on the position i candle the egg i get two different picture...???
Help please....
idunno.gif

wel my duckling is deah.i did d snift test today n he failed.ima try a nxt time.thanks for al d help n advice.

Back
Top Bottom