duck egg very low membrane

sylviaann

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Hello everyone!
I have a question that I can find no answer for. What is happening to my egg. I will upload pic. The membrane in the duck egg has decreased faster than others incubated at same time. I thought it is pipping. But 2 days on and I can actually see the breathing motions on body.
I hear nothing and egg is not "rocking" the day # is unclear I dont know when my hen started incubation. If anyone knows wether I should be concerned
or just let it ride. Terriable pic. B7t you can see the point. To me dose not look like a bill... ahh so addicting yet so complicated.

I can't tell for sure from the pic, but the air cell looks intact, and it just looks like a developing duckling. How long has it been incubating?

Are you comparing this one to other duck eggs the same age or chicken eggs? It looks fine to me and who cares how long it's been incubating as long as it's developing...it will hatch when it's ready. You will be able to see more movement in the empty space as the baby gets bigger. You won't necessarily see the "internal pip" specifically. The age of the egg, age of parents, nutrition can all factor into when and how eggs develop even if they have been in the incubator for the same amount of time.

I asked how long it had been incubating because of the mention of internal pip. There is still alot of clear area above the baby, which is fine if its not time for it to hatch. But if its hatch time, I would expect it to be more full. JMHO.

Hello everyone!
I have a question that I can find no answer for. What is happening to my egg. I will upload pic. The membrane in the duck egg has decreased faster than others incubated at same time. I thought it is pipping. But 2 days on and I can actually see the breathing motions on body.
I hear nothing and egg is not "rocking" the day # is unclear I dont know when my hen started incubation. If anyone knows wether I should be concerned or just let it ride. Terriable pic. B7t you can see the point. To me dose not look like a bill... ahh so addicting yet so complicated.
is this egg underneath the momma right now?? If so, what kind of duck? if Not do you have it in an incubator? If so, where are your gages at? Temp Humidity and does it have a fan?

To me it looks like a duckling that has pipped internally. That yellow is where what I think is the beak has hit a small blood vessel in the membrane. My best guess it that this duckling is shrink wrapped.

Enhanced picture:

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom