Duck egg with huge bruise??? (Please help!)

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
Sorry for the frequent posts guys. Im currently hatching Indian runner duck eggs. 1 pipped this morning, a large hole. The other 2 have been wiggling. I just checked and the one in the middle has got a huge discoloration on the air cell end. I know they're still alive as they were moving about a lot. Is he having trouble?? Should I make a safety hole? Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the frequent posts guys. Im currently hatching Indian runner duck eggs. 1 pipped this morning, a large hole. The other 2 have been wiggling. I just checked and the one in the middle has got a huge discoloration on the air cell end. I know they're still alive as they were moving about a lot. Is he having trouble?? Should I make a safety hole? Thanks in advance!
Pics?

I can't get a good picture because the top of the bator is blocking half of it and I don't want to open due to the other one hatching. I did find this pic on google though that looks just like it, though mine is more over the fat end.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201217-180415~2.png
    Screenshot_20201217-180415~2.png
    810.8 KB · Views: 6
Candle it.
Tell us if you see movement in it.

Is it safe to open the incubator right now? I've got 1 currently hatching and don't wanna shrink wrap him. 🥺
Either open it and check or don't.
There is nothing you can do but remove the egg if it has died so why not just leave it.

If you want to ease you mind and KNOW...candle it.

He was malpositioned. I went with my gut and made a safety hole over the bruise. He was in the completely wrong direction of the air cell and was very weak. I thought he was dead. As soon as air started going in he perked up and started peeping. I wet the area and put him back in. Crossing my fingers he makes it!

He was malpositioned. I went with my gut and made a safety hole over the bruise. He was in the completely wrong direction of the air cell and was very weak. I thought he was dead. As soon as air started going in he perked up and started peeping. I wet the area and put him back in. Crossing my fingers he makes it!
Don't wet again.
Wetting with water is not good, it will dry it out.

Back
Top Bottom