Duck egg with huge bruise??? (Please help!)

Update: I think it's gonna be a bust. 😥 The first one isn't progressing at all and the second egg is pipping on the wrong end. Incubator temps and all were perfect the whole run so not sure what went wrong. Maybe the eggs just weren't any good.

Some questions should come to mind:

Did I settle the egg for 24 hours in room temperature with the pointy end down?
Did I make sure the incubator was cleaned?
Did I do a test run with my incubator to check for accuracy?
Did I clean my hands every time I touched the eggs?
Did I make adjustments with the temperature and humidity with eggs in the incubator?
Did I follow the recommendations for lockdown procedure?

Just a useable check list for future hatches.

He did it!!!!! I went downstairs to wash some dishes and came back up and the first one had popped out! Hes so cute!!

Attachments

• IMG_20201218_160024754.jpg
    IMG_20201218_160024754.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 6
Would anyone be able to guess the breed? He has a massive tail/rump. Never seen one this long on a duck. It extends out and his down looks like rooster feathers. So cool! Hes a super big baby too. All white.

Sorry for the fogging on the incubator. The humidity spiked when he popped out. You can see his long down in the back though here!
Here's another of his little butt with the long down.
Wow you’re right. I’m not completely sure about what breed he is. He looks like a harlequin or appleyard or just maybe a Pekin but it’s a bit too dark for it to be a Pekin imo. No idea about what that lil fawn strip on his tail is, but it looks like you’ve got a special duck ;)

Back
Top Bottom