Duck egg with huge bruise??? (Please help!)

Wow you’re right. I’m not completely sure about what breed he is. He looks like a harlequin or appleyard or just maybe a Pekin but it’s a bit too dark for it to be a Pekin imo. No idea about what that lil fawn strip on his tail is, but it looks like you’ve got a special duck ;)
Someone on here mentioned the eggs could be from a call duck before. But who knows! He could be all of them 😂. I'll just have to wait and find out.

Someone on here mentioned the eggs could be from a call duck before. But who knows! He could be all of them 😂. I'll just have to wait and find out.
Oh my word 🤣I’m sorry I thought I had said that in a different thread. So the one that sadly passed, I sincerely believe is a call. I was the one that said that. The new one doesn’t look as much like a call, but it could have some call genes just like the last one. It looks like a mix breed though.

Oh my word 🤣I’m sorry I thought I had said that in a different thread. So the one that sadly passed, I sincerely believe is a call. I was the one that said that. The new one doesn’t look as much like a call, but it could have some call genes just like the last one. It looks like a mix breed though.
Oh! See how fast I forgot who said that haha 😂. Well, no matter what he is I'm sure he'll be great at it! Or she...🤔

Got some nice pictures now that he's all dry! He has a little black spot under one wing and a sort of brownish collar on his neck.

Attachments

• IMG_20201218_221728607~2.jpg
    IMG_20201218_221728607~2.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20201218_221730493~2.jpg
    IMG_20201218_221730493~2.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 5
Well, the second one is finally out. He pipped around the same time as the first one but was making very very slow progress because he pipped on the opposite end. He pipped with a ton of stuff though. His yolk is absorbed but there's a bunch of black goop that came out with him (along with the usual poop). Not sure what that's about. Hes very vocal though and moving around.

Back
Top Bottom