Duck eggs causing me stomach pain?

I have discovered that I can not eat duck eggs either. My stomach gets very queezy, and I end up in the bathroom all afternoon.
I have narrowed it down to the duck eggs, as I have only eaten soft boiled eggs, the day they were layed. so I know they were fresh and it wasnt anything else. I have never had a problem with store bought chicken eggs... has anyone tried removing the yolk? I am not sure I want to try to eat them again. It's not a pleasant feeling and puts me out of commission all day.

I know this is an older post, but just in case you see this, what happened? I am having the SAME problem! I have 8 Khaki Campbells who are finally laying and both my husband and I are getting progressively worse stomach aches after eating them. So bad that we're afraid to eat them. We've tried eating just the duck eggs, then another day just our chicken eggs, and another day just commercial eggs and back to duck eggs. It's definitely the duck eggs.

So if you see this, I'm really curious if you had any luck changing the feed or if the problem ever resolved. !!!
Yep, me too, and I have the Khaki Campbells too, I used to have ducks years ago, and never had this problem. I have narrowed it down to the duck eggs... I have tried it 4 times and each time the nausia gets worse. we have tried 2 types of feed, and they are penned up, so they are not getting into anything they shouldn't. Like wise if you find an answer would love to hear about it!

I was in the same boat! We planned for a year we finally found the ones raised them up and suddenly I started vomiting for hours at least once a week. Finally my husband pointed out that since our chickens laying had slowed I had been using my ever faithful duck eggs instead. Sure enough that was it!

Making lasagna, (1egg). I thought it tasted funny and my tummy felt a little yick. I had blamed the cheap sauce I ought. I baked a cake with duck and again I thought it tasted weird and blamed the box mix. The times i really ate eggs like scrambled for breakfast i would get sooooo sick for hours, it was the worst i have ever felt. :( But as weeks went by I realized I only got sick the days I had egg and eventually I went off of them completely, and it was gone! Very sad.

I was concerned that it could be a wheat allergy as well so when this happened I started cutting out foods to try and narrow it down. But nothing has caused the severe pain, etc except the duck eggs. My one chicken started laying finally and I have eaten her eggs, in baked goods and no problem. I am a bit reluctant to try one poached, but I will work up to it. My duck egg I tried poached prior and was severely sick. My chickens and ducks eat the same thing, the little crumbles with cracked corn mixed in and they both free range. Maybe I should change their food. I think it would be a good idea to see a Nutritionist, thank you.

I am glad that I ran across this thread - My son complains every time he eats my duck eggs - out of a family of 8 he is the only one that has a problem. Now at least I know that other people also have issues and it is not all in his head
he.gif

I recently started eating duck eggs that a friend gives us for free. Jack pot I thought! But after only a couple times of eating them, I get the worst stomach ache with diarrhea that lasted all day. I can only compare this to food poisoning that I had once from undercooked sausage links. The first stomach ache lasted about 2 hours and I was trying out a new hot tea and new herbs at the same time which I blamed for the stomach ache. BUT a week later when I ate the next serving of duck eggs I had an even worse stomach ache that lasted about 4 hours(again with all day diarrhea), this time no tea and herbs so knew what the culprit was. NO MORE DUCK EGGS FOR ME!

But I cook them for my husband all the time and he has no problems for many weeks now but he may stop eating them after I've found out that people are eating them for weeks and then not able to eat them anymore after building an intolerance. TOO BAD!

And so sorry to hear about your experience with the duck eggs! After all the work and planning you put in what a disappointment!

Isn't it crazy how our bodies change and react to different things. I have many food allergies... gluten, dairy, soy, msg, chocolate, caffeine... I'm thankful that I don't have an allergy to eggs. I have found that a soy free feed for my chickens and ducks makes a difference for me and my son though. There have been studies done showing that soy transfers from feed to egg and it can impact those who are sensitive to it. I have a friend that is allergic to chicken eggs but can eat duck eggs, and now I see you all who are opposite. I feel for all of you, food sensitivities stink.

Some people are helped by taking digestive enzymes and probiotics. I have a couple less sensitivities, such as corn, since I started taking them and my son seems less sensitive to dairy (he can have a tiny bit now sometimes).

I wonder what effect these new GMO creations are having on people and what effects they will have on us later on. I don't think I want to eat grain that a bug CAN'T eat! I have also heard several people talk about their laying hen's production being severely "off" this year. Now why would that happen to so many people at various places around the country? What is the common factor? Feed.

I wonder what effect these new GMO creations are having on people and what effects they will have on us later on. I don't think I want to eat grain that a bug CAN'T eat! I have also heard several people talk about their laying hen's production being severely "off" this year. Now why would that happen to so many people at various places around the country? What is the common factor? Feed.

I agree Triple Willow, I don't want to eat grain that a bug can't eat, or that won't die when sprayed with horrible chemicals. This is the main reason that we chose to get chickens and ducks this year... I can feed my flock non genetically mutated grains and other greens and such that have not been sprayed with chemicals. With my food sensitivities, I want as little junk going into my system as possible. From all I've read, and experienced, I don't think anyone benefits from all the soy being put in everything either, even it is deemed non-GMO (IMHO).

Back
Top Bottom