oklahomafirsttimehatcher

In the Brooder
Oct 20, 2023
I started with 9 eggs in the incubator on September 24 when I candled them 2 had started forming but died at some point, 2 were infertile, and one had a chip in it. The other 4 are still going strong! Day 26 today 3 of them have external pipped and I can't tell if the fourth one has. Over night last night the humidity had dropped down to 38, I dont think it hurt any of the pipped eggs the 2 that pipped yesterday were still rocking around and peeping today. I'm really hoping that nothing went wrong.. My female mallard is about 6 months old and this was her first clutch, she has laid 33 eggs, I was very surprised especially since so many were fertile. I'm sooo excitedd hoping that the hatching goes well.

What's the update? Hopefully, you have some beautiful baby ducks!
1 egg hatched yesterday while I was gone and one today between 4-7 am. They look exactly alike but the newest one has a black spot on its beak, they are so cute!! Will post pictures later the new one also dried off super fast and they are doing great just waiting on the other one to hatch all the way. And there is 1 more that hasn't pipped at all.

Back
Top Bottom