Duck eggs day 27 problem? Help!

Ravendad

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2018
Hello I've been incubating 3 eggs from my Cayouga and black Swedish ducks. I am on day 27 and I am a bit worried because the air sacs were small throughout the incubation I try to fix it in the last week with lower humidity they did grow but became very lopsided looking . I candle on the 25 they were all moving wobbleing and I could see a shadow moving in the corner of the air sac. It looked as if something was trying to push through but couldn't. My question is I noticed a little bit of yellow staining on the edge of the air sac on two of my eggs is that normal? I am now on the morning of the 27 and there is still movement every once in a while but I do not see any piping. is it normal for them to be wobbling for two days with no external pip?

I've read of so many stories of duckings dying at point because they can't get out of the shell.At what point should I assist? I still don't hear any beeping but they do wobble once in a while so I know they're still alive .

Thanks in advance for any advice .

Have you candled since the 25th to check for internal pips? It sounds like what you saw before was probably the ducklings pushing against the membrane getting into position for the hatch. An internal pip will look like a shadowy triangle in the air cell.

I canceled on day 25 all three eggs were moving inside I can see the air sac stretching but it didn’t look like any of them internally piped. I checked again on the 26 and two of them were internally piped and I could hear them pecking at the shell . Now on day 27 they weren’t moving at all tonight so I took the chance and open the lid to candle and the same to you are still pecking at the shell and the third one has now internally piped but I don’t hear the third one pecking yet. It’s now been 24 hours since I know they internally piped and they still have not externally piped. I’m just wonder how long I should let them go before intervening?

Will they run out of air ? Should I help with making a small air hole?

If they have internally pipped 24 hours ago, then yes, I would go ahead and put in a small safety hole on them.

Well I was getting ready to put the safety hole in the two that internally piped yesterday and one of the eggs finally externally piped on it's own.ya.... did I mention it is my ducks very first egg she ever laid! I have been hoping for that one to make it the most. Everything I read said not to incubate the first eggs but I was too excited and did it anyway. I've also read that you're not supposed to hatch any of the dirty eggs but this egg was laying in the bottom of the outdoor pen full of muck. I took it in the house washed it off left it there for a day and then my wife made me take it back out to our ducks. I put the egg in a nesting box and my girl( Daffy duck ) I named her after The cartoon duck that was inspired by a Black Swedish.She finally figured it out and start laying in there and made a nice nest. I didn't know if she was going to sit on them so I took the first 4 and put the in my incubator . This is my first time owning ducks or incubating anything. If her first egg makes it out OK I will be amazed and of coarse her first egg was the first one to pip!

By the way I love my two ducks I bought them on the Internet as babies last July. They live on my pond in my backyard and come back every night to stay in their pen. I originally had three until a raccoon got one and then I started locking them up at night. Hopefully if all goes well we will have three more. Crossing my fingers ...

If they have internally pipped 24 hours ago, then yes, I would go ahead and put in a small safety hole on them.
Hi I see you know what you’re doing so can you help me out this is a duck egg she’s been on since may 27 and here is a video I don’t hear peeping but it is alive should I assist

Attachments

• AED5DD2C-D1A5-47AE-916C-41040689F454.png
    AED5DD2C-D1A5-47AE-916C-41040689F454.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 194
I am on day 27 with 3 duck eggs in incubator. Egg 1 pip on day 26 but not all the way through and it’s been the same since yesterday morning so no change I did put a flashlight on it but did not touch it and there is some movement! When I woke up this morning eggs 2 and 3 started to pip but thing since this morning! Should I be worried about taking number one? Here are some pictures and videos of eight one through three I’m not sure what to do! Please help I really don’t want to have them die! I originally I had two ducks a male or a female And a female duck died so I’m hoping to catch her egg that she had! Should I start helping them

Egg 1 picture
1597943892238.jpeg

Egg 1 video
IMG_3404.mov
IMG_3407.MOV

Egg 2 picture
1597943995996.jpeg

Egg 2 video
IMG_3405.MOV

Egg 3 picture
1597944183004.jpeg

Egg 3 video