Duck eggs day 27?

DUCKS23

Hatching
Dec 9, 2015
Hi! I am hatching 15 mallard duck eggs in an incubator, and on day 25 I could feel and see movement in the eggs when I rotated them, yesterday (day 26) I stopped rotating them and I haven't opened the incubator, I haven't seen any of them moving at all, but I haven't watched them for very long. I don't think any of them have internally pipped yet, and I'm a little worried. are they going to hatch late? are the ok? i'm probably just being paranoid
tongue.png
but any advice would be super helpful!!
big_smile.png

The waiting game is the absolute hardest thing!!! Leaving them alone is super hard. In September we incubated 7 eggs and out of the 7, 4 hatched out. 2 never pipped and one had pipped but I guess died in the process. I never saw movement in them either until one day I was washing dishes and I heard peeping! Good luck!

thanks so much! I just heard some cheeping
celebrate.gif
I think at least 3 of them have pipped now, I just couldn't tell before because the windows to the incubator are very small and covered in drops of water. this is so exciting
big_smile.png

Yes now the waiting game begins. Just make sure even though you want to help them to let them hatch on their own! That was my son and I's hardest problem... we wanted baby duckies NOW! LOL

LOL I want to help them so much but I know "helping" them would do more harm than good... forcing myself to keep the incubator closed.

the first one just hatched! only about 8 hours after she pipped, and she's doing great! the crazy little over achiever is way ahead of her siblings!
jumpy.gif
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom