duck eggs hatching in 2 wks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by melissa41927, Oct 10, 2009.

1. melissa41927

melissa41927 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    northeast corner al
    i have 2 incubators. in one i have 26 duck eggs and the other has 15 chicken eggs. i just candled them and all but 1 in the duck incubator has developed and 2 in the chicken. as i was candleing them i swear that i could see the chicks moving around in the eggs. is this normal or was i just seeing things? this is my first attemt at hatching my own duck eggs. i have 6 ducks 2 peking drakes, 2 peking hens, 1 kaki hen, and one blk indian strait runner hen. i now have duck eggs running out my ears. i get 4 eggs a day from the ducks and between 6-9 eggs from the chickens. duck eggs for sale!!!!!
  2. neferset

neferset Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    It's normal. Isn't it wonderful? I saw my ducks actually kicking their little legs the other day. They are due roughly the same time you are expecting yours. Chickens I can usually see less distinct movement at 2 weeks into setting but I do see a little bit of bobbing around.
  3. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    It's absolutely normal. I've never done chickens, but the ducks will swim around like crazy when they get a little bigger. Eventually you can see their little feet pressed up against the side of the egg.
  4. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    I soooo loved my pekin he was the sweetest,funniest thing I have ever seen! I have 3 of his eggs in the bator due to hatch on the 22nd. So far so good [​IMG]:fl lost him and the mama duck (think she was a rouen mix) to an unknown predator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by