duck eggs hatching in 2 wks

melissa41927

Songster
14 Years
Oct 8, 2009
northeast corner al
i have 2 incubators. in one i have 26 duck eggs and the other has 15 chicken eggs. i just candled them and all but 1 in the duck incubator has developed and 2 in the chicken. as i was candleing them i swear that i could see the chicks moving around in the eggs. is this normal or was i just seeing things? this is my first attemt at hatching my own duck eggs. i have 6 ducks 2 peking drakes, 2 peking hens, 1 kaki hen, and one blk indian strait runner hen. i now have duck eggs running out my ears. i get 4 eggs a day from the ducks and between 6-9 eggs from the chickens. duck eggs for sale!!!!!

It's normal. Isn't it wonderful? I saw my ducks actually kicking their little legs the other day. They are due roughly the same time you are expecting yours. Chickens I can usually see less distinct movement at 2 weeks into setting but I do see a little bit of bobbing around.

It's absolutely normal. I've never done chickens, but the ducks will swim around like crazy when they get a little bigger. Eventually you can see their little feet pressed up against the side of the egg.

I soooo loved my pekin he was the sweetest,funniest thing I have ever seen! I have 3 of his eggs in the bator due to hatch on the 22nd. So far so good
fl.gif
:fl lost him and the mama duck (think she was a rouen mix) to an unknown predator.

Back
Top Bottom