Power out for 6 hrs while incubating duck eggs

Mehi24

In the Brooder
Jan 9, 2024
I’m on day 27 of incubating my duck eggs and the power went out for around 6 hrs. I know that during days 26-28 they are supposed to be on lockdown and not moved or anything. But I put some hot water in the incubator to keep the eggs warm I didn’t move them at all. Would the power being out for 6 hrs hurt the eggs in any way?

It might slow them down a bit but as long as it's not freezing in your house, I don't think they'll be harmed.
Thank you for the reply! I’ve been really worried about them all day. I did see them wiggle earlier when the power came back on! Hopefully they start pipping soon :)

The eggs haven’t pipped yet. And I don’t think I should take them out to candle them again because I don’t want to accidentally hurt them. They are possibly Khaki x Pekin or Khaki x Mallard and I don’t know if that has anything to do with it either. They are possibly just slower now though because of the power being out yesterday.. The temperature in the incubator is 37.5 c and the humidity is 65.

UPDATE: One has fully hatched this morning and is peeping his lil head off 🤣 The others are not far behind. *Will upload pictures when they are moved to the brooder*

So far just this lil guy but the others are still scratching and peeping :)

Attachments

• IMG_9564.jpeg
    IMG_9564.jpeg
    779.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9562.jpeg
    IMG_9562.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 3
Only two ended up hatching and unfortunately the one that hatched first ended up dying in his sleep :( . But here’s a picture of the second one and he’s doing well! :)

Attachments

• IMG_9648.jpeg
    IMG_9648.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom