Duck eggs....how to know?

Yes, they just recently started laying. I was aware the Pekin egg would be white and assumed it would be much bigger. But, I’m not sure how big the Chocolate Runner eggs will be. Can’t really tell in the photo but the second brown egg is longer and narrower than the other brown egg..wasn’t sure if that would be an indicator?
I have Fawn & White Runner ducks, their eggs are the only ones i can identify, because they are slightly greenish and they are large for such light birds, starting at XL chicken egg size to Jumbo.

Can anyone help as my female runner duck still hasn't layed. She's a rescue and so we don't know her age but she mates and lays down a lot
IMG_20200327_084058.jpg

Could you give us some more information? What do you feed her? Is she alone? Does she get around ok? More about your setup?

She is fed layer pellets all day grit and she forages although we have no grass left. She has a male friend and gets around fine drinking eating and mating but mainly laying down. A picture of the house is better.
IMG_20200328_175441.jpg

Have you looked at the bottoms of her feet? She may have bumble foot or something which could be causing her pain.

Back
Top Bottom